Dorney School Mission Statement
At Dorney School we believe in striving for the highest possible standards in everything we do. Our mission statement is based on the concepts of respect, collaboration and growth. We believe that everyone should be treated with respect.
Welcome to Dorney School.
We hope that visiting the school’s website will be your first step on an exciting and fulfilling ‘learning journey’ for you and your family.
Dorney School sits on the very edge of Buckinghamshire in a quiet rural setting and supports children aged 4 - 11 years old. We have 7 classes of approx 30 children led by a team of dedicated, professional and caring staff.
Our aims are to provide children in our care with all the necessary skills to continue their learning and development once they leave us. The staff and governors, in partnership with parents, are committed to offering a safe, secure and exciting learning environment in which our children can grow and flourish and reach their full potential.
We aim to achieve this by
- Creating a love of learning and an enjoyable experience of school life.
- Encouraging independence and a lively enquiring mind.
- Developing confidence to try new tasks without fear of failure.
- Supporting children and celebrating their achievement.
- Helping children understand the wider world in which they live.
- Encouraging respect for others and different ways of life.
- Ensuring children acquire knowledge and life skills to become valuable and responsible citizens.
If you would like any further information about our school please contact Mrs Townsend (School Secretary) or Mrs Williams (Business Manager) in the school office and they will be happy to help.