PE and Sport Grant 2016/17
Dorney School has received a total of £9,010, based on the January 2016 Census, for PE and Sport funding. This will contribute to Dorney School’s drive to continue to raise the profile of sport and Physical Education.
Allocation of funds:
1. Membership of ‘Sports Partnership’.
2. Enhancing Dorney’s resources.
3. Further professional development for teachers
4. External coaches to deliver specialist sessions across all year groups
|1. ‘Sports Partnership’ membership
|3. Professional development
|5. External coaches
1. Sports Partnership
- This membership will provide opportunities to capitalise on coaching in specialist sports. It will also gain us access to local sporting competitions and events. The intended impact is to begin to grow a competitive edge with our pupils by raising the profile of sport.
3. Professional development
- The funding will catalyse a major overhaul in our resources. This will allow pupils to practice more sports than ever before.
4. External coaches
- Our commitment to continued professional development related to PE and sport will allow our Subject Leader to further enhance her knowledge of planning and delivery of a diverse range of activities. This expertise will then be delivered to all staff during one of our INSET days.
- Throughout the academic year, professional coaches will visit Dorney and coach all pupils and staff in a range of specialist sports.