High Expectations - Aspirations - Enjoyment
Year 1 is your child’s second year with us at Dorney School. I really hope that they enjoy their time in Year 1 whilst working hard to reach their full potential. I look forward to working with you and your child this year.
A few key points to remember to help make your child’s week run smoothly:
· Please make sure your child’s Guided Reading book and reading diary can always be found in their book bag and that this is with them every day. We will change books every Monday.
· Please share Guided Reading books with the children and write a positive comment in their diaries on how they have done, as well as discussions you have had with them about the book.
· Make sure library books are in folders every Friday as they cannot change or renew their book without it.
· Please care and look after all books and always store them in a safe place at home.
· Homework should always be completed and handed in on a Monday and the children should be supported when doing this. You can write communication notes to me in this if you need to and I will endeavour to respond if appropriate. New homework will be set on a Wednesday.
· PE will be on Mondays and Tuesdays. Please make sure PE kits are always on their pegs on a Monday morning and that long hair is tied back and no ear rings are worn on these days. For health and safety, we cannot take out or put earrings back in.
The door is always open for you to come and ask questions if you have any concerns or queries that have not been answered in the homework or newsletters. The best time to catch me is at the end of the school day, just after 3.20pm.
I hope this helps and answers some of your questions, I look forward to working with you and your child this year and I am here to help in any way that I can. I look forward to a great year.
Miss Thompson and all Year 1 staff